Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bye-bye 2012, hello 2013!

The end of December came so quickly, that I slightly noticed that. Ofc, we still don't have snow over here, so you can imagine how strange it was for me... I'm feeling like I'm missing one part of the year :D. At least it's good too .. we don't have to dig cars out under the snow and it's still quite warm here (when the sun is shining :)

On 31st of Dec we all went to Association to finish some things, Ago was finishing the video of our YE and I was reading the new programme guide for Youth in Action. After we went all home and greeted the new year with sparkling wine and fragolino. It was a nice little celebration and as our guests left 6 am in the morning, I was sleeping almost the whole day on 1st of January. Actually, we were told that every New Year's Eve there are a lot of people on the streets and that's why some of them are starting to disturb others, so it's better to celebrate it at home. Well, I liked it! :) 

Today we already went to the Association. As we have English lesson tomorrow, I was preparing some tasks for them and I almost translated everything from English to Turkish . Pure joy! :D (actually, it's useful for  me too). I just want to hope that miracle happens and our 'students' will learn English. Me and Ago have only 1 month left (okay, 1 month and 2 days ..) till the end of our project.. our 'students' just have to learn English. 'Hope dies the last', as people say ....

!!!! Unfortunatley, I don't have any pictures of our fantastic New Year's Eve, but instead of that you can watch our video about the YE in Nov'12 - http://vimeo.com/56625972

NB! Happy New Year to you! May it be memorable and full of adventures. (and thank you for all the messages and calls!)

No comments:

Post a Comment