Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Visiting Ankara

'Just wonderful, so wonderful', were my thoughts when I went to sleep yesterday. I arrived in Ankara yesterday and I'm so happy about it. Yesterday was that packing-and-flying day. I found some really cheap tickets to Ankara, but the flights were so silly. Firstly I flied to Istanbul and from there to Ankara. Still it was better that 17h in a bus so in the end I'm quite good with that.

My flights were so strange this time - in my first flight I was sitting next to a girl  who was afraid of flying. When we started to take off, she was shaking and really nervous. So, I tried to calm her down, but as I don't speak Turkish so much, it was hard. Even when we were flying and plane turned, she was again in panic. Luckily, I managed to tell her all the time that everything is okay and there is no problem :). On that time I really felt that I've flied a lot, so for me it was totally okay and I had zero emotions. My next flight was better - it was newer plane and flight was short, approximately 40 minutes. But ofc at the airport I firstly wanted to go to the car park instead of exit (normal me) :D

Today was my 1st full day in here and I visited a castle in Ulus. Although, the castle itself was closed, it was still very nice view from the top (but the stairs were horrible.. there were a lot of them). I'm staying in another EVSers place and we also met some Syrians in our way, they explained us a bit of that situation in Syria and suggested us to go there when the war is over. Hopefully it ends soon!
Tomorrow I'll meet some of my friends over here and will enjoy that holiday what I've!

 That view!!!

 Just suddenly we met some Syrians, so here is one picture with them. Alice, my lovely host, took it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment