Tuesday, October 30, 2012

30.10

Last days have been very routine - as usual, we had activities with children, Turkish lessons and wifi in our home is still gone. For now, it seems very normal that we are playing games in the evening, and I must admit, it’s very addictive. I just spent 6h yesterday, to finish that Dracula game and start playing another one. 

Yesterday it was 29th of October, what means that it was The Republic Day of Turkey. I expected a celebration, but I didn’t see anything special on that day. I’m sure that in some cities i was celebrated more, but Diyarbakır is also a part on Kurdistan .. so, here people don’t celebrate this day so widely. Although, it would have been nice to see the parade or something (last week I wrote about those tanks what were practicing for that day..). I think they had some celebrations, but we also spent time with children yesterday, so we didn't walk around the city.

Actually, the whole Turkish – Kurdish issue is so sensitive here. Before I haven’t written about it, but last days one thing is more and more actual.  Today, most of the places are closed to support the hunger strike. Even schools are not working. Couple of days ago they had a big demonstration and time-to-time they are publishing news about it.
It’s their 49th day and they are still continuing it!! Can you believe it?!?, and it's not the first time when this kind of strikes are going on here. When I'm thinking about it, I'm totally speechless... I just don't have anything to say. Read an artickle (HERE) . What would you say about this?
It’s sad that they have to use such kind of measures. I was said that this kind of people don’t have anything else left and they are ready to ‘fight’ till the end. Sounds very bravely , but still I don’t get it (and maybe I don’t have to understand.. So, I’m just listening various people opinions). 
That’s the way it goes, it would be great if things change, but it's also obvious that it can't change overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment