Friday, October 12, 2012

Guests, ayeahh!

After the training we hosted some EVSers from Gaziantep. It was so nice. They had already done their EVS in their organisations and they were just traveling around. As they were friends of our friend who we met in our on-arrival training, then we were more than happy to host them. :)

EVSers stayed in our place for 2 nights. Yesterday we sent them away, as they went to another city near Diyarbakır. Actually they traveled through Turkey mostly by hitchhiking and before they stayed in couchsurfers place. As I have only heard that it's really dangerous to hitchhike in Turkey, I was very surprised when I listened their stories.  That time I was thinking that they are really lucky that nothing haven't happened with them, because some of their stories were quite scary. 

Meanwhile, we had some Turkish lessons and I'm still hopeless. We had to make up sentences and all my sentences had some words what needed correcting. Also, I'm still writing the words in the wrong order, when I'm making the sentences. It's really strange. It seems that maybe when my project is over then I know Turksih a bit, but heyyy, that's the another reason to stay in Turkey.
Also, I visited DISA organisation yesterday. It's an organisation what deals with researches. They gave me some books what I can read, to know more about the education system in here. It's just awesome, but on the other hand, I realised that things here are working way more differently than in Estonia. Well, yeah, Estonia is a little country while comparing it with Turkey but some things here have still that 'WOW' efect. 

NB! We are are going to have more guests in the end of this week. Lise's parents are coming here for a week, so our apartment will be again full of people. Just amazing!



So many things have happened .. so here are some pictures too:

 Youth Council meeting



Recycling project with children. 2nd activity day: 
btw, for that project, there is a blog too. It'll be both in English and Turkish (although, right now it's only in English)





 
 Probably my favourite picture. I'm laughing a lot in here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment