Saturday, October 20, 2012

Presenting Estonia

Time flies. It seems like it was yesterday when I came here. Now, when I'm looking the calender again, I see that 1,5 months has already past.

On Thursday we had our English lesson with Youth Council members. I was the first to present my country. At first, I planned to make a powerpoint, but eventually I didn't do it. I started with a short introduction and I showed them one video about Estonia. Soundtrack of the video was a song from Tanel Padar & The Sun - Welcome to Estonia.. so after seeing the video they all repeated that ref. :) Before that I made a lot of notes, what I should tell them (1h seemed a lot for presenting one country) but it turned out that I only had time to tell them the basic things about Estonia - facts, national symbols, food, holidays, Song Festivals. Also, I gave them some examples of good ideas what have born in Estonia ('Let's Do It!' campaign and Skype). 
I wanted to tell them more about my country, but suddenly the time was over. It went so quickly, but all the students were very good. They tried to ask questions and they got involved nicely. 
After my presentation, Ago was talking about her country. Also, she spoke about her hometown, university and Association where she used to work before. It was good! In the end, she gave students homework too :).

In two weeks we will have a Youth Exchange in Diyarbakır. Today we all went to see the venue where we should host and facilitate the event. It's a really nice place and there is plenty of room for everyone. We also made some plans about accomodation and I'm already looking forward when we finally have those participants with us. The project is about recycling, reusing and reducing and that venue is perfect place for this kind of Youth Exchange. 
We also discussed the Activity Program with our coordinator. It took a lot of time, but at least now it's finished.

Things what happen in Turkey:
*It quite normal that electricity just goes away. Last days it has happened a lot of times. One day we sat in the cafe, drank tea and Cihan played Backgammon (everybody know how to play it .. okay, maybe not everybody but most of the people) with Ago, when suddenly ..ta-da!.. electricity went away. About 5 minutes later the waitress came with a candle. Yes, those things happen here a lot. 
On the other day, we were home with Ago and surprise, surprise what happened - electricity went away .. and when electricity goes, then water and internet goes too. The whole street was so dark. After 1,5 hours, electricity finally came back. Ayeah! :)



When I searched information about Estonia, I found this.. seems to be quite true:



  Part 1

Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment