Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's a rainy day

The celebration started. Today, people had a half day off, but there were surprisingly few people on the streets. We all went to the Association again, worked a bit and went back home :D. 

Today's keywords are definitely rain, rain, more rain and candies! So, it was raining in the morning and in the evening too. You should have seen it!!! It wasn't the normal rain, it was totally abnormal. When I'm thinking what kind of rain I've seen then this was a lot worse. First of all, it was a heavy rain.. like standing under the shower, and  it lasted at least 1-2 hours + of course it was accompanied by thunder and lightening. 
Our balcony is full of water and I'm 'afraid' that in the morning there is a small lake in front of our house. At least, when it's not in front of our house, then it's in front of the other house. There is that drainpipe, but in the end the water is not going away :D. 
In the morning, we had hailstorm. Actually, it wasn't a storm (more like rain again), but Ago found hailstones from the ground, or more like pieces of ice.. Of course, I thought before that it was just a 'little' rain. 

This big celebration what starts tomorrow is special. I was already told how little children are 'celebrating' it.. basically playing with toy guns on the street, but they have one more 'tradition'. Children are knocking on  people's doors and people are giving candies and chocolates to them. It reminded me one of Estonia's celebration what has the similar tradition - St. Martin's Day (on 10th of Nov) and St. Catherine's Day (on 25th of Nov). Then children are also going from door to door, dancing and singing, to get candies. I don't know if children here are going to dance or sing, but Lise's friends told her that kids are coming early in the morning.
It's seen that people are really preparing for that. In the shop I saw how everybody bought a lot of candies and sweets. It was another WAAAOW effect .. maybe they don't give all the candies away, but 3 bags full of candies is a bit tooo much (or maybe not....) :)


I labeled all my things in my room.. now it's time to look those videos. :).
(when I learned Russian, I also watched similar videos, Маша и Медвед)


No comments:

Post a Comment