Monday, October 1, 2012

Before the 1st of October

*In the previous post I mentioned that I'll start blogging in English. Here I go: 

Meanwhile, before 1st of October, we had to start our activity with orphans but due to some communication problems we couldn't start it at the weekend. This is still the same 'Recycle with Children' project what I have mentioned somewhere before.
We'll start educating those children this week. I'm looking forward it already. I just want to see how I can manage and overcome the language barrier what I still have in here.
Some days ago I just thought that  if I would forget completely that I'm speaking English then I would probably learn Turkish quicker. I should practice this. It would be so awesome if I could say in the end of 5 months that I can speak a little bit of Turkish :).

Today was very important day in our association. Once I wrote that our association makes a lot of projects and they are very active in the youth field.. that's the reason of our special day. Today is the DDL for submitting projects and I must say that they sent a lot of projects to the National Agency. 
In the morning when I stepped into our office I already felt a bit awkward. Everybody were working and writing the final things to their project application forms. Also, everybody used printer a lot .. it seemed as it was working all the time. Eventually, all the projects were ready around 4 pm and as I was told then it was strange that they finished so early. Usually they're calling to the post office and saying something like 'please keep it open, we are coming..
Well, right now I'm glad that all the projects are sent. We don't have to hear the words 'after 1st of October..' again :) 

and something funny too: 
* yesterday we were invited to our coordinator's home. After the nice evening over there it was time to go home again.. and then .. I was told that I should tell them 'Good night!' in Kurdish. So, everybody told me şevbaş, şevbaş. Of course I didn't hear it so clearly and I told şerbaş. That's not even a word, but şer means a fight (so I wished them a good fight -.- ) .. of course they all corrected me but still it was quite funny. At least there are always something happening with me ..


Something just to remember Istanbul more:

 Our group 



Our trainers

No comments:

Post a Comment