Monday, October 8, 2012

Training, day 1

There is a Participation Training in Diyarbakır and surprise, surprise .. we all (Lise, Ágo and me) were sent there by our coordinator Umut. Of course he was also there but I'm really glad that I had a chance to go there as well. 

The first training day is over and I must say, it was quite informative. Thank god that most of today's moderators were foreigners. So, for me it was easier to understand them. They had a translator who mostly translated moderators talk to Turkish or when somebody commented something it was the other way round, that he had to translate the comments from Turkish to English.
But when some of the moderators explained things in Turkish, then suddendly there wasn't translation anymore. Luckily, I had my 'own' personal translator sitting next to me. When there was something important to translate from Turkish to English then Lise was always there to say it.

It was still a bit funny when we had some tasks to do and I was the only one in the group who didn't understand Turkish at all and so I just observed the situation and tried to understand what the others were talking about. 
And I got a huge book full of really useful information but the catch is that it's in Turkish. Oh, well .. still better than nothing :). 
In the end, as we say in Estonian 'lõpp hea, kõik hea', everything was good. I liked my day. 

The training continues tomorrow. I'll see what that brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment